Watching The Wheels

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Quoting Yourself

I was thinking most of my life that quoting yourself was the height of arrogance. But last night a young male nurse started a conversation with me and it turned to my writing. And I found myself actually thinking about what quote I would want to be remembered for. The one on my blogsite is one.

But the other one is: Quite literally, the beginning of wisdom is not giving a damn.


Think about that.

(NOTE: The true beginning of wisdom is the fear (respect) of God.  And when you strip everything from  all of your expectations - in effect, not caring - you see things as they actually are. As, we would imagine, God sees them. However, He sees things with the eyes of righteousness, not the minimal longings of men.)


Copyright 2013 by Andrew T. Durham

No comments:

Post a Comment